The callhome service is an automated notification process that detects problem conditions on the IBM Netezza appliances and reports them to IBM Netezza Support.
This is an optional feature and, if enabled, opens a PMR with IBM automatically. When enabled, callhome automatically collects information and attaches all required log files in the automatically opened PMR.
The callhome service is supported on the following appliance models:
- IBM PureData System for Analytics N1001 (including the IBM Netezza TwinFin and IBM Netezza 1000 models)
- IBM PureData System for Analytics N200x
- IBM PureData System for Analytics N3001
Few example scenarios of automatically opening PMR:
- SPU/S-Blade/Disk failures
- Host failovers
- Unexpected system state changes
- SPU Core files