Oracle cloud offers best-in-class services across
- Software as a Service (SaaS),
- Data as a Service (DaaS),
- Platform as a Service (PaaS), and
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
Oracle database cloud comes under oracle PaaS vertical.
Oracle Database cloud supports below database editions:
- Standard Edition (SE)
- Enterprise Edition (EE)
- Enterprise Edition – High Performance
- Enterprise Edition – Extreme Performance
Below is the difference between these 4 packages:
Standard Edition: Oracle Standard edition is offered as part of this
- Oracle Enterprise Edition
- Data Masking and Subsetting Pack
- Diagnostics and tuning packs
- Real Application Testing (RAT)
Enterprise Edition – High Performance:
- Enterprise Database +
- Advanced compression
- Advanced security
- Label security
- Database Vault
- Advanced analytics
- Spatial & Graph
- Database Lifecycle Management pack
- Cloud Management pack for Oracle database
Enterprise Edition – Extreme Performance:
***This is the only choice for RAC instances in cloud.
- High Performance Package +
- In-memory database
- Active Data Guard
Postgresql has a default schema named information_schema, which consists of a set of views, that contain information about the objects defined in the current database.
select * from information_schema.tables where table_name like ‘%<object name>%’;
tables: This view contains all tables and views defined in the current database.